Research shows that there are in fact two distinct types of aging: intrinsic and extrinsic aging. Intrinsic aging, also known as the natural aging process, is a continuous process that normally begins in our mid-20s. Collagen production slows down and turnover of new skin cells may start to decrease. Genes control how quickly the normal aging process unfolds. While these changes usually begin in our 20s, the signs of intrinsic aging such as wrinkles, sagging skin, etc. may be visible prematurely if not taken care of.
For extrinsic aging, a number of external factors like UV rays from sun exposure, repetitive facial expressions, gravity, smoking, etc. often act together with the normal aging process to prematurely age our skin.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to start on your journey to more youthful skin. If you start early to maintain the skin in its youthful state, you can essentially stop aging in its tracks! Here are 8 solutions to keep aging at bay:
Feeling great about your skin is something that you should never need to sacrifice on. When your skin looks amazing, you naturally feel more confident and attractive, giving you the extra push to become the life and soul in your daily lives.
The first step towards age-proofing is to maintain a good skin regime. Your skin care products should include ingredients like Retinol (Vitamin A) and Vitamin C, which are collagen stimulators; antioxidants like soy isoflavones and green tea; and to preserve the skin’s intracellular matrix, look for Alpha-hydroxy-acids (AHAs), Beta-hydroxy-acids (BHA), ceramides and peptides. Try Dermal Rich Retinol Activator which contains skin lightening Alpha Arbutin and anti-aging Retinol to directly address common skin problems associated with aging and mature skin.
You should also definitely invest in a good sunblock as without protection from the sun’s rays, just a few minutes of exposure each day over the years can cause photoaging, which results in freckles, age spots, wrinkles and rough-patchy skin. Try Dermal Rich UV Sunguard 50 PH++, a lightweight dual UV-protection that helps to provide sufficient protection for the skin from UVA and UVB rays that often contributes to skin damage and premature skin aging.
Wrinkles are a natural part of aging. As you grow older, your skin gets thinner, less elastic and it loses its ability to protect itself from damage. As a result, wrinkles, lines and creases are formed to our dismay. However, always remember: aging is necessary, but looking older doesn’t.
For dynamic wrinkles that develop each time you smile, laugh or frown, after making the same expressions time after time, your skin actually ‘remembers’ these creases even when they are not there. Avoid this by visiting an aesthetics centre for an Ultrasound Therapy or IPL Therapy, which stimulates skin cells, metabolic rate and new collagen growth, resulting in smoother, rejuvenated and healthier skin.
Fabulous Aesthetics’ medical-grade IPL Treatments treat concern areas like fine lines, deep wrinkles, in addition to sinking capillaries vessels, age spots, freckles and melisma.
Have you looked into the mirror only to discover that your face has begun to slide in a downward direction and there’s skin hanging and dangling along your jaw? That, according to Webster’s dictionary, is the definition of a jowl. Don’t want to see the slackening signs of age on your face?
Heavy jowls can now be treated with non-surgical medical modalities such as Fabulous Aesthetics’ Cryo Radio Frequency (RF) Face Lift, Firm & Tone Therapy which utilizes radiofrequency waves to stimulate collagen remodelling and regeneration that results in skin tightening and facilitate deep tissue lifting to correct heavy and saggy skin.
TAKING CARE OF THE OBVIOUS:
4. Veiny, Spotted Hands - There are a number of treatments for veiny or spotted hands. An IPL treatment can remove the visible signs of sun damage such as pigmentation and broken capillaries, and help even out skin tone and texture.
Chemical peels can remove some hand blemishes; recovery time is about 1-2 weeks. For a less dramatic solution, try alpha-hydroxy creams: topical fading lotions that you use for up to one year.
5. Eye bags – The simplest solutions are to cut salt out of your diet, apply cold compresses (even the old cucumbers-on-the-eye trick), and use under-eye creams or serums to soothe and moisturize. But if your eye bags are truly bothersome, i-Cell Therapy at Fabulous Aesthetics is the way to go. i-Cell Therapy is a procedure to tighten the skin barriers around the eye areas, and increase the skin’s power in detoxification. In addition, an intensive serum made of growth factor, botanical Callus Culture Extracts and EC-peptides is applied to the eye contour to optimize and solve anti-aging effects such as dark circles, eye bags and wrinkles.
6. Mouth Wrinkles – Cryo Radio Frequency (RF) Treatment from Fabulous Aesthetics is the latest technology to tackle face and body areas in need of rejuvenation and wrinkles elimination. Cryo RF treatment uses tripolar and bipolar radio frequency modalities to heat subcutaneous dermal tissue using a hand piece emitting frequency penetration without hurting the epidermis layer. This causes the contraction of the existing collagen fibres, encourages fibroblast migration and promotes new collagen growth that helps to tighten and improve the outer architecture of the skin. You’ll see the lifting effect and feel how your wrinkles or fine lines are eliminated; skin becomes tighter, smoother and suppler.
7. “Turkey” Neck – According to skin specialist from Fabulous Aesthetics, its medical-grade IPL Treatment delivers high intensity, smooth and powerful light pulses to greatly enhance the results of neck rejuvenation and other skin concerns. Cryo-IPL uses different light pulses to penetrate deep into the skin to stimulate and build collagen and skin cells, hence closing up the “turkey” effect on the neck. This treatment is also suitable for concerns such as sinking capillary vessels, age spots, freckles, pigmentation or congested issues for a much targeted result. The treatment, which comes with a cooling technology and hence does not require any gel application, works in direct contact with the skin for immediate results.
If your situation is more extreme, you may want to consider going for Cryo RF Treatment for a “necklift”.
8. Varicose Veins – According to Fabulous Aesthetics Centre, you can take some self-help measures first: Exercising, losing weight, elevating your legs, and avoiding long periods of standing or sitting can prevent varicose veins from getting worse. For more extreme cases, there are numerous noninvasive options such as IPL where pulse lights are injected around the varicose areas to stimulate circulation and closes them, allowing them to fade within the next few days. This is a painless and immediate solution for a varicose vein-free legs!
It is recommended to go for non-invasive, safe method to improve the look and feel of the skin without undergoing any pain or downtime.
Unveiling a new skin lifting, tightening and contouring technology – stay tuned!
The Fabulous Team